The contact center agent arrives on-site or connects from his remote office, puts on his headset, and starts answering calls non-stop until he goes home or finishes his workday. Just like that, mechanically, isolated without much strategy or planning. Does this routine sound familiar?
If your company has fallen into this trap, it’s worth considering changing your strategy. When there is no communication between customer service agents and everyone goes their own way, there can be several negative outcomes. For starters, it’s bad for team morale. When employees don’t feel connected to the team, it can cause them to leave and find better opportunities. It also makes it harder to ask other team members for help when they need it. They may begin to form their own strategies without consulting other team members when making tough decisions about customers.
There is one thing that is certain and that is that the more your agents can work as a team, the better it is for their department and the better the service provided to your customers. That is why it has become so important and a necessity to have collaboration tools in the Contact Center. Below we will tell you about some of them, how they are implemented and the advantages they generate in your ROI.
UC and CC integration quickly enhances and optimizes existing workflows
It is key to ensure that the chosen technology enhances existing workflows and facilitates their incremental improvement and optimization. A good user experience is essential to increase the attractiveness of the work, as well as to improve productivity and performance.
The 5 key areas where Unified Communications delivers ROI for the Contact Center
Enghouse UC increases productivity by providing a unified interface to agents, avoiding the need to access multiple systems or search for information when talking to customers. Agents can handle significantly more customer interactions.
- Companies using a fully integrated UC+CC infrastructure have seen a 52.8% increase in revenue.
- Achieve a 50% improvement in agent productivity using unified communications.
- Reduce call handling time by 9 times.
- A 250 seat contact center could save 1.1 to 8 hours per user per week = 275 to 2,000 hours.
Clear and secure communications with collaboration tools in the contact center
An integrated UC + CC approach provides a unified platform for high-quality communications, from messaging and chat to audio and video. It enhances secure communications and collaboration, and ensures regulatory compliance and privacy, regardless of employee location.
- High-quality audio reduces the need for replay, saving the equivalent of $404,169 per year.
- 88% of UC adopters report improved security.
- A unified platform simplifies security, as standardized and continuously optimized policies can be centrally applied and managed for all UC and CC TT applications.
Seamless and intuitive collaboration
Agents can communicate immediately with colleagues and subject matter experts across the organization who benefit from presence indicators to get answers quickly, even while on the phone.
- A savings of nine minutes per front-line staff per day by collaborating in a 250-seat contact center creates 187.5 additional working hours per week across the entire workforce.
- Using unified communications reduces decision-making time by 7% through faster access to information.
- Of successful organizations, 61.5% use the full UC collaboration stack to improve organizational cooperation.Incorporating the capabilities of collaboration tools into the contact center helpsreduce average management time by 2.9 times year-over-year (7.9% vs. 2.7%).
You may also be interested in: Contact center and unified communications: an essential convergence
Optimization and personalization simplified with collaboration tools in the Contact Center
Companies need to innovate and constantly improve their services. Unified communications platforms often include APIs for integrating other vendor-developed and third-party applications, helping to deliver optimal experiences.
- Saving five minutes a day by front-line staff using UC applications. – translates into efficiency gains of more than 100 hours per week for a 250-seat contact center.
- Integration accelerates innovation: 64% of companies using UC have also added chatbots.
- A 31.1% increase in agent efficiency when using a CC with integrated UC.
Improved experience for agents, supervisors and customers
Faster access to information translates into a better customer experience (CX), while closer collaboration saves time. Supervisors quickly see available resources, queue status and relevant KPIs, allowing them to optimize customer service as needed.
- A 2% lower cost of onboarding new agents through greater ease of use and a unified interface for organizations with fewer than 2,000 employees.
- Savings of 2 hours per employee per week through improved collaboration with customers and partners.
- 48% of companies say that improved technology directly increased agent morale.
- Improve agent engagement and customer experience through integration.
Learn more about the industry’s broadest range of contact center solutions by visiting our new website. See for yourself how contact center collaboration tools can be integrated quickly to deliver the communication and collaboration capabilities you need to improve your customer experience (CX).
We share with you the recording of the Contact Center Collaboration Tools webinar, where you will see a detailed overview and demo of the Enghouse UC solution.