Enabling mobility in an ever-changing, modern workplace is quintessential in 2019 and beyond. Mobility solutions empower associates to be more productive than ever by mobilizing their network. Grandstream’s DECT IP phones, cordless WiFi IP phone, and GWN series of Access Points allows Resellers to create powerful unified mobile network solutions for customers. To develop the best solutions for your customers, there are a few steps that Resellers should take in order to ensure you are offering what your customers need.
Before deploying a Grandstream mobility solution, you must take a few things into consideration: what the deployment should accomplish, how it shall be executed, and how the solution will improve business.
- Discover: Grandstream offers a slew of products, all packed with comprehensive feature sets, to build a full mobility solution. Learn about all of the solution devices – and how each would benefit your client – before making a decision on what to offer.
- Plan: This is the most important step of your Grandstream deployment journey. At this point, you need to consider how large of a space the solution must cater to, the number of employees utilizing the solution, the budget of your client, and any additional support you (or the client) may need.
- Execution: After the planning phase, you will install the solution. Make sure to have all products necessary for deployment. Additionally, survey the customer’s site ahead of time to strategically plan for set up. By doing this, you will guarantee that your users are going to receive full coverage throughout the entire work space.
- Improve: In an ideal world, every deployment would be optimal; however, your client may need some adjustments and improvements over time. Why? To improve workplace functionality, boost cost savings, increase speed of response, widen coverage, and more.
Benefits of a Mobility Solution
You may be ready to deploy a Grandstream mobility solution, but your client may need a little bit more buy in. Here are some of the key benefits of a Grandstream mobility solution that you can share with them:
- Improving functionality: A mobility solution will not only eliminate cumbersome cords, but it will also boost roaming capabilities & long-range coverage.
- Improving communication: Strengthen the communication amongst associates – whether on-site or remote – by using a mobile solution.
- See Cost Savings: Mobility solutions are often more affordable than situations where you need to utilize costly Ethernet cables.
- Speed of Response: Mobility solutions will amp up response time because of key features like Push-to-Talk. Workers can communicate in a quicker fashion all while moving throughout the work environment.
- Coverage: By choosing Grandstream, clients will experience impressive long-range coverage. Workers can roam while still being connected.
- Network Management: A Granstream mobility solution can be managed by two cloud platforms: GWN.Cloud and the Grandstream Device Management System (GDMS).
DECT or Wi-Fi?
While both DECT and Wi-Fi can be deployed for a mobility solution, one may fit the needs of your client better than the other. Assessing your client’s environment will be key in knowing which to choose. We provide you with a simple breakdown of the pros & cons of both DECT and WiFi, along with deployment recommendations & Grandstream product rundowns:
- DECT Pros: Reliable technology designed for voice applications, easy to extend range using signal repeaters & multi-cell systems, affordable
- DECT Cons: Large, multi-cell systems can run expensive with the purchase of many base stations & repeaters, clients must manage a multi-cell system
- DECT Deployment Recommendation: Small to medium sized offices & environments (can be paired with traditional desk phones for more mobility). Some recommended businesses include small office, retail, restaurants, private medical practices, and classrooms.
DECT Phones & Base Stations
Grandstream currently offers three different cordless IP phones: the DP720, DP 722, and DP730. Each supports up to 10 SIP accounts and has an impressive range of 300 to 400 meters outdoors and 50 meters indoors (when using a complementary base station).
The DECT solution is completed by pairing an IP phone with a cordless IP phone base station: the DP750, DP752, or DP760. Choose one of the options depending on the range your client is speaking, as well as the features your client’s project demands.
- Wi-Fi Pros: Inexpensive due to most deployment settings already having a Wi-Fi network, can be used in any Wi-Fi network & is compatible with Grandstream Wi-Fi access points
- Wi-Fi Cons: Some Wi-Fi networks are not always reliable, packet-based technology is designed for data communication, QoS standards are getting better but aren’t all the way just yet
- Wi-Fi Deployment Recommendations: Medium to large sized environments where users are not always attached to a desk. Some recommended businesses include large offices, hospitals, colleges, warehouses, and for traveling sales associates.
Wi-Fi Phones & Access Points
Grandstream’s Wi-Fi portfolio includes the innovative (and recently released) WP880 Wi-Fi Cordless IP phone. It boasts extensive talk time, ability to customize with Android apps, and additional features such as an accelerometer, configurable buttons, and noise shield technology.
The WP820 works flawlessly with one of Grandstream’s Wi-Fi access points. The GWN series features indoor and outdoor solutions, which will are all compatible with the GWN.Cloud management platform.