We are excited to announce that we are adding Kyocera rugged smartphones to our frontline devices ecosystem. The Walkie Talkie app in Teams with a dedicated push-to-talk (PTT) button on Kyocera DuraForce Ultra 5G and DuraSport 5G is now generally available. Both devices are optimized for Walkie Talkie communication with a large external button for quick and simplified use. The devices are available exclusively through Verizon.
Walkie Talkie is the digital push-to-talk solution in Teams that enables clear, instant, and secure voice communication over the cloud. With Walkie Talkie in Teams, frontline workers can now securely communicate with a familiar PTT experience without needing to carry bulky radios, and Walkie Talkie works anywhere with WiFi or cellular internet connectivity. Learn more about Walkie Talkie and check out the list of devices that have now been validated to work with Walkie Talkie in Teams.
DuraForce Ultra 5G
- Ultra-rugged design that withstands drops up to 5ft onto concrete, water submersion (up to 6 ft for 30 min), and HazLoc (Hazardous Location) protection
- AR core certified to support augmented reality and ideal for Building Information Modeling (BIM) 3D CAD collaboration
- Sapphire Shield display resists cracks and can be used with wet or gloved hands.
- Ideal for construction, agriculture, public safety, warehouses, transportation/logistics, and mining/oil & gas industries where dirty, muddy, and potentially hazardous work environments are more prevalent
Learn more about DuraForce Ultra 5G.
DuraSport 5G UW
- Slim and pocketable, yet rugged design that withstands drops up to 5ft onto concrete and water submersion (up to 6 ft for 30 min)
- Ideal for customer-facing, front-end service and operations, and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) scenarios in industries such as food/beverage/concierge services and real estate