Would you like to learn how your phone system is performing? Where are the peaks and valleys of system utilization? What do the calls sound like to the users? Are they clear and clean? Or garbled? How did the MOS (Mean Opinion Score) change over the duration of the call?
Now you can tell your SmartNode to send call quality, call detail record (CDR), and other useful information to the Patton Cloud.
The on-premise VoIP device evaluates each call in real time, capturing MOS and CDR data and sending it to the cloud. That way you can review the information at your convenience.
About Call Data Records (CDRs)
Telecoms typically use CDRs for billing and accounting, as well as system utilization monitoring. Yet CDRs are valuable for a host of other useful purposes, including fraud detection, churn reduction, utilization monitoring, system optimization, revenue management, demand forecasting, network capacity planning, ARPU* and ASPU* analysis, and many more.
* ARPU = average revenue per user | * ASPU = average spend per user
CDRs provide detailed logs about the voice and SMS (short messaging system—i.e. text) calls on your system. Source, destination, start time, end time, duration, are some examples of the sort of meta-data captured in a CDR.
CDRs do not capture the content of a call. That task is handled by the call recording feature. However, CDRs provide the information you need to verify billing disputes, monitor employee phone activity, and analyze when, where, and how your network is being utilized.
You can use CDR meta-data to discover calling trends and gain insights into how your employees use their phones. Such patterns and trends analysis may help a business make better management and personnel decisions.
CDR Benefits: Why Use CDRs for Your Business?
- Records—Track call volume of inbound and outbound calls.
- Reports—Provide management reports to identify trends in calls and phone usage.
- Inbound Marketing—Measure the effectiveness of inbound marketing campaigns by tracking numbers specific to each campaign.
- Call Centers—Collect valuable data such as high call volume times in order to efficiently schedule your staff.
- Integration—Link Call Detail Reporting to Call Recording to enhance your customer service.
In addition to CDRs, the Patton Cloud, together with SmartNode CPE, provides call recording and call quality reporting.
>>To learn about Patton Cloud Call Reporting, Call Recording, and Call Quality reporting, watch the video introduction…
Get the whole story by watching the rest of the Patton Academy lessons…