The browser-based softphone is a web-based application that allows users to make and receive phone calls directly from their web browser. In today’s fast-paced world, communication has become an essential part of our lives, both personal and professional.
The rise of remote work and the need for businesses to stay connected with their employees and clients has led to the advancement of communication technologies.
One such technology is the Switch Telecom browser-based softphone which uses Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) technology to establish and maintain audio connections. It comes with a number of unique features. And best of all it’s free to use with the Switch Telecom Hosted Switchboard.
Our browser-based softphone offers a number of advantages over traditional softphones.
Here are some of the key benefits of using the browser-based softphone:
- It’s convenient and accessible. Since it’s web-based, it can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection and a web browser.Consequently, this makes it highly convenient and accessible. Especially for remote workers or those who travel frequently.
- No installation is required. And it’s easy to deploy. An invitation email is generated via the Switch Telecom Client Zone. The user will receive a unique link which they’ll need to click on. This will open the softphone in their browser. Thereafter they can start making and receiving calls.
- The softphone is cost-effective. The browser-based softphone is available for free making it a cheaper option for any business. All you need is a good-quality headset.
- Users find it easy to use. The extension lists have BLF (Busy Lamp Functionality) much the same as any good reception phone. Users can easily search for colleagues using their names or extension number. Your own contacts can be added and blind and attended transfer is available. 3-way calling is also easy to do. Best of all, incoming calls pop up on your screen even when the browser is minimised.
- Integration with other tools is also easy with the new click-to-call functionality. Users can now call numbers directly from the business CRM system.
The click-to-call add–on is designed to work with your browser softphone. Installing the add–on will associate click-to-call links and detect phone numbers on any web page with your browser softphone. Click to call currently works with Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome browsers. Click-to-Call is a useful feature for companies that make a lot of phone calls during the day. Best of all, it saves time and increases productivity by eliminating the need to manually dial phone numbers. In addition, it also helps ensure that phone numbers are dialled accurately, reducing the risk of misdialing or calling the wrong number.
In conclusion, Switch’s VoIP browser-based softphone is a powerful tool that can provide your business with a flexible, cost-effective, and customisable way to make phone calls. Whether you are looking to reduce your communication costs, work remotely, or simply take advantage of the latest technology; it’s well worth considering.
Contact us to order your Hosted Switchboard and browser-based softphones today!
Telecoms-Channel.co.za is your one-stop source for the latest news and insights from the telecoms industry in South Africa, so that you get comprehensive coverage of the industry and keep up with the ever-evolving market landscape.
Whether you need to understand market trends, identify new opportunities, or stay informed of the latest developments, we have you covered. Check our favourite content here.
In addition to bringing the best news together, we have access to an extensive supplier network that makes it easy for any telecoms company looking to tap into new markets or enter the telecoms industry. With the comprehensive range of solutions available in the market, we help you to find the perfect combination to suit your business.
Take advantage of our expertise and contact us today to find your next partner!